OUR VISION UNDERPINS EVERYTHING WE DO
Cranbury College is a Pupil Referral Unit and Alternative Education provision for young people in the Reading area. Our young people range from 5 - 18 years. We support learners recovering from the trauma of Permanent Exclusion, those that unintentionally exclude themselves from education and children who cannot access school for medical reasons. We are rated as a GOOD provider by Ofsted (Jan 2019) and we are committed to a continuous journey of improvement for our whole school community.
At Cranbury College, we believe in a therapeutic and trauma-informed approach to understanding behaviours in and out of the classroom. We believe in educational equity for all learners. A great education is an intrinsic right for all young people - not a privilege.
Our young people tell us they enjoy coming to Cranbury College. We constantly strive to create an environment that enables outstanding personal development through a purposeful curriculum; a programme of study designed to meet the needs of our learners coupled with a diverse enrichment offer.
We work closely with our parents and carers to establish safe and robust networks of support for our learners. Parents help us to underpin and promote our ambitious aspirations in terms of excellent attendance and exceptional outcomes for all children at Cranbury College.
When young people and their families join us at Cranbury College, they are always welcomed with the same promise of hope, “YOUR FUTURE STARTS HERE.’
Head Teacher Cranbury College
The Cranbury College Vision
We are dedicated to offering every young person the opportunity to realise their potential, ensuring that every young person is at the centre of everything we do.
Statement of Intent
We guarantee a personalised learning service; a place where young people and their families enjoy success every day, working in partnership at every level with our stakeholders.
Cranbury College is the cornerstone of support to the young people of Reading through:
• A provision of services that make positive impact on the outcome for young people and the schools they attend, and that offer value for money.
• Provision of a flexible, bespoke and enriched curriculum to meet the academic and vocational needs as well as health and wellbeing.
•Teaching and learning opportunities that provide young people with literacy and numeracy progression alongside socialisation skills and preparation for next steps.
• Every decision, at every level of the organisation, is made with the aim of ensuring acceleration progress for every young person
• We aim to raise achievement in literacy and numeracy
• We have a specialist and flexible workforce with skilled and specialist staff at every level of the organisation
• We are an outward facing college and are genuinely inclusive in all our planning and actions
• Cranbury College always strives to offer the best service in a very competitive market
• All our spaces are safe, supportive and stimulating
Head Teacher Welcome