Cranbury College provides an ambitious, varied and unique programme of learning.
Our curriculum is designed to provide our young people with real, engaging, and positive experiences; supporting personal development and underpinned by an environment that is focused on community. As a specialist AP (Alternative Provision) Academy, we understand how important each individual is to their own Learning Journey and that is why we place them directly at the centre.
Use the below tabs to see what our Primary and Secondary Curriculum offer
Our Blended Learning Model allows us to deliver a broad and balanced subject offering, a variety of optional and vocational pathways, therapeutic interventions and experiences, targeted literacy and numeracy interventions, social communication skills and individual project work, all of which are intended to create a pathway to provide achievable outcomes at all levels and key life-skills to equip our young people for success. The ability to provide learning both on-site and off-site allows us to be inclusive and accessible to all.
Our learners follow bespoke study programmes founded on core learning, and their individual aspirations.
These programmes promote:
- Development of independent thinking, with the ability to question and argue rationally.
- Positive application to tasks and physical skills.
- Acquisition of relevant understanding, knowledge and the intellectual, moral, and social skills to allow them to thrive in a fast-changing world.
- Preparation for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in modern Britain, and an understanding of the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, tolerance and respect.
- Preparation for: a secure return to mainstream schooling; or further education; or employment via Apprenticeship, continuing to value education as a lifelong process.
It is our wholehearted belief that a great education is an intrinsic right for all young people - not a privilege.
If you require further information regarding the curriculum, please contact Julia Bray (J.Bray@maidenerleghtrust.org)