VISION, VALUES & ETHOS
For further information on our Vision, Values and Ethos, visit Maiden Erlegh Trust here.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
As a Maiden Erlegh Trust school, Cranbury College is a place of “opportunity, diversity and success for all” whatever their circumstances which is why we are dedicated to providing every young person with the opportunity to realise their potential, ensuring that every young person is at the centre of everything we do.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
We guarantee an aspirational, trauma-informed, therapeutic thinking provision for children and young people from Year 1 to Year 11
- Who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school and some who are at risk of permanent exclusion.
- Who cannot access a suitable education school because of illness.
- Who are in hospital.
We provide an opportunity for young people and their families to enjoy success every day, working in partnership at every level with our stakeholders. Our aim, wherever possible, is to support children and young people to return to mainstream education as soon as possible (or special education where appropriate). In the case of students in Year 11 we support them to move to meaningful activities in education, training or employment.
Cranbury College is the cornerstone of support to the young people of Reading through:
- A provision of services that have a positive impact on the outcomes for young people and the schools they attend.
- Provision of a flexible, bespoke and ambitious curriculum to meet academic and vocational aspirations, whilst supporting the social, emotional and mental health needs of each pupil and student.
- Every decision, at every level of the organisation, is made with the aim of ensuring accelerated progress for every young person.
- We aim to raise academic achievement in all subjects.
- We have a specialist and flexible workforce with skilled and specialist staff at every level of the organisation.
- We are an outward facing college and are genuinely inclusive in all our planning and actions.
- Cranbury College always strives to offer the best provision to support local schools
- All our spaces are safe, supportive and stimulating.